Activities & Services
Excursions off the Vessel
Four auxiliary aluminum launch boats, each with capacity for 10 passengers, depart from the Aqua Mekong two or three times per day on 3, 4, and 7-night cruises. Ten bicycles aboard the Aqua Mekong allow guests to go off on two wheels along the Mekong’s fascinating riverbanks. Experienced river guides lead guests into the sultry jungle on foot, or by bicycle, in search of enigmatic vestiges of Indochine made famous by French writer Marguerite Duras, who grew up along this timeless river. Encounter flocks of painted stork, spot billed pelicans, and the elusive Masked Finfoot in their last Southeast Asian refuge. Explore flooded emerald forests and bamboo stilt villages accessible only by boat, and remote Buddhist monasteries that are still home to noble saffron-robed monks who will grant guests private audiences amidst flickering candles and smiling stone Buddhas.
Guides and Crew
Four professionally trained guides lead guests of the Aqua Mekong on daily expeditions aboard comfortable skiffs deep into the Mekong River’s tributaries, and on foot among Khmer pottery villages, remote mountain monasteries, and among the cultural treasures of Phnom Penh. These English-speaking, professionally trained experts grew up along the Mekong River, and know its Buddhist temples, Hindu ruins, Catholic churches, and elusive wildlife, as well as many of the Vietnamese and Cambodian people they will introduce guests to en route.
- Bath Amenities/Toiletries
- Hair Dryer
- Luxury Bedding
- Showers and/or Bath Tubs
- Binoculars Available for rent, USD $25
- Internet Access Complimentary, high speed wireless internet throughout the ship.
- Boutique(s) (duty-free) Southeast Asia's rich artisanal traditions can be found among the treasures in the onboard boutique, designed to offer Aqua Mekong guests the convenience of shopping at their leisure for high quality, thoughtfully selected Cambodian and Vietnamese handicrafts and jewelry, as well as Aqua Expedition signature souvenirs. Items featured here include original pieces sourced directly from talented artisans who live and work in the communities Aqua Expeditions visit and actively support. Aqua Expeditions is proud that wherever possible, high quality pieces with a philanthropic origin have been selected, allowing guests' pleasure to be matched by the life-changing opportunities created for these artisans.
- Infirmary / Medical Center
- Bicycles (for use ashore)
- Watersports Kayaks available for use during excursions.
- Gym/Fitness Room
- Formal Restaurant(s)
- All Beverages Included In Cruise Fare